Last updated: February 26, 2021
We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Information We Collect from Users
We collect personal information such as name, address, telephone number and other optional information you may provide. We may collect your e-mail address and/or telephone number (also deemed Personal Information) should you engage with us via our Site, or email or by calling our client service team.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Regarding Children
Due to the nature of our business, Services and benefits are not marketed to minors. DeFi does not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information to DeFi. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information directly from a minor, we will delete such information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has directly provided us with Personal Information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete such information from our files.
Other Ways We Collect Information
Other means by which we collect Personal Information include the following:
- Anonymized or aggregated Information.
- DeFi’s Site and App automatically record certain anonymized or aggregated information about your use or evaluation of our Service. Anonymized or aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of Users’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Site. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use and distribute such information in a number of ways, including internal analysis, analytics and research. We may share this information with third parties for our purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Cookies and Pixels.
- Pixel Tags.
- Along with cookies, we may use “pixel tags,” also known as “web beacons,” which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our Site. A pixel tag can collect information such as the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server.
- Site Activity.
- DeFi may also use third-party tracking technology, such as Google Analytics, to record similar information regarding you and your activity on our Site and App;
- For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the site below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site or our Services.
- For Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/analytics
- “Do Not Track” Technology.
- We do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different web sites or online services. Therefore, our Site does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. We do not knowingly authorize third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different web sites or online services.
How We Use Information
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our Service, to help you evaluate our Service, offer you new products or services, and enhance our Service. We may also use your Personal Information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, and analytics.
Information Sharing and Onward Transfer
We will not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to any nonaffiliated third parties except as required by law, such as when we reasonably believe it is necessary or appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, front running or scalping, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our Terms of Service. There are certain circumstances, in which we may share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties without further disclosure to you. For example, from time-to-time, we hire third-parties to perform certain business and technology related functions (e.g., mailing information, database maintenance and payment processing). In the case we hire a third party to perform a function of this kind, we endeavor to only provide them with the minimum information they need to perform their specific function and to require these third parties to safeguard your information.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may share some or all of your and your clients’ Personal Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, and, further, as we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Personal Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of DeFi or others.
No Renting, Selling or Trading Out List
We will not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Personal Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at email@example.com; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Personal Information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Information with its affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Personal Information to market to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Reviewing and Updating your Personal Information
You can view and update information associated with your Account that we collect for you by going to the “settings” function on our website or the Dashboard applications we offer for our Services. The credibility and relevance of our services depend on your providing us with complete, accurate and up-to-date information about yourself and your accounts, both now and in the future.
Email Marketing Opt-out
When we communicate our own marketing offers to you, these communications are CAN-SPAM compliant, including the ability for you to opt-out of marketing communications.
Deletion/Retention of Personal Information
Unless you request otherwise, we will retain the Personal Information we collect from you indefinitely. Defi Technologies, Inc. must comply with certain legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to record retention. We will respond to any requests we receive asking that we delete Personal Information that we possess from those who have used our services, downloaded our Dashboard or registered and established a user profile. However, we will not delete information that we are required to retain in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
DeFi takes reasonable steps, endeavoring to use appropriate technical or organizational measures, to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no Internet, email, or electronic operating system that enables the transmission of data is ever fully secure or error free therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Other Important Information
How You Accept This Policy
Changes to the Policy
Your Rights as a Vermont Resident
We do not share nonpublic personal financial information we collect about Vermont residents to non-affiliated third parties except for our everyday business purposes or as otherwise permitted by law. If you wish to revoke any authorization to share your nonpublic personal financial information, which you have provided to us by entering into our Customer Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we will not be able to provide you with services through DeFi without the ability to share this financial information.